Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Reflections: Looking foward


Looking Back:

In this 8 week of class I find myself being a tad behind. Last week I struggled because I had a huge lab practical and a test that consumed most of my time. I was not very successful at juggling that and doing my homework over the weekend. I usually do most of my homework at my friends or at my own home. I do not utilize the library as much as I probably should because I tend to only be on campus for short periods of time. I like the class being online and that you can work at your own pace. My favorite readings have probably been from the Aesop (Winter) Fables. I liked those because it was stories I had heard when I was a child. They also helped inspired my storybook choice. One of my favorite stories I wrote was about the Old Oak Tree. I liked that I was able to tell my audience a piece of information about my hometown.

 Looking Forward:


I would like to try new strategies such as making an actual schedule of my time. I think this would help me to get my assignments turned in on time and to better prepare for class. I struggle with donating time after work to do online assignments because I get easily distracted by other things that need to be done at home. I think this is where it would be beneficial to go to the library or another setting to do my homework. I will continue to work with new strategies to finish my work on time. I do not like worrying about homework even though sometimes it does get pushed to the “back burner.”



50 Inspiritational & Motivational Thoughts quotes and memes (2)
picture source

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your story of the "Old Oak Tree." I think a great way to inspire your writing is to find the things you realy liked in previous writing and work on expanding that in the future. Maybe you could infuse other stories with your own experiences.

    I think that you are right about setting aside a designated time to do homework and going to a different place with fewer distractions to help you focus. That can really help with productivity.

    I hope you did well on your lab practical and I look forward to reading your storybook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sara,

    I think being in a world with so many things happening all the time, it is hard to maintain a homework schedule. I, too, acknowledged that I needed to work on that in my looking back post. I have the tendency to dedicate all of my time to one class and then struggle to stay on task or not fall behind in others. Like you, I might try to find a place or go to the library where I can dedicate a good amount of time to work on homework for not only this class, but my others.

    I'm sure we can both be successful! I'm hoping your semester is going well and that the rest of it sails by with ease.

    ReplyDelete