Monday, December 7, 2015

Famous Last Words week 14

This week was my last week to add a story to my storybook. I really struggled with this one because I did not have any ideas that came to mind. I’m kind of a perfectionist so sometimes that enables me to start my work because I don’t have a clear idea in my head. I thought about just trying to revist all the character I had talked about in my introduction, which is what I ended up doing. It turns out that once I started I was really able to run with the idea. I then started rereading the stories about snow white and adjusting some of the details to fit my story’s needs. I always like to have a big finish and I think I did because the final story ties my introduction up nicely, in my opinion. I can only hope that others see it the same way. A lot of what helped me was actually making myself start the project. That is always the worst part for me. I am actually very satisfied with how my story book turned out. It is something that I don’t mind reading to my roommates or my family members because it is something I am proud of. I also put several hours of effort into these stories. Not only my story book, but also the ones on my blog. I am very happy to share those with anyone (especially the ones that I think are some of my best work). I did not know how I would do in this class at first, but I do like to write. I am glad that I was able to do that freely and not be judge strictly by the book but instead by creativity. I have enjoyed this class and would recommend it to anyone. 

1 comment:

  1. I have not read your stories in your storybook yet so I think that is one of the ones I will read as my final readings. I also have a hard time getting started when I do not have a clear-cut idea in mind. Creativity was my favorite part of the class, and to be able to be judged by than and not by the book was probably my favorite part. Personally I am not the most creative person, but this class helped bring some of it in me out.

    ReplyDelete