Friday, December 11, 2015

Famous Last Words Week 15

I find myself finishing up this class the night before everything is due. I had my schedule made out for this week and did not want to be in this situation. However earlier this week I received a call that my best friend’s dad suffered a stroke and had passed away. I also learned that the funeral was going to be fairly quickly so I had to make a fast trip to my hometown to be there. I had to schedule work and homework around this in a way. Either way I will get the work done so I can obtain a good grade in this class and be there for my friend. Thank goodness for my online classes that has allowed me to be there for my friend and her family during this time. Even though we are students, I think sometimes people forget that we have lives as well that include friends and family. I’m very thankful to be home during this time and have an understanding boss and coworkers. I was proud of myself earlier in the week because I was working ahead of schedule.  


On a bright note, I am looking forward to being done with all of my classes on Monday and finally start my Christmas break. I will get to spend two weeks at home with my nephew playing catch for a majority of the time I’m sure. He has also taken up playing with legos, but that usually means he wants me to build the cool truck or car and then he plays with it. It’s a work in progress on understanding it is for him to build. I am ready to spend time with my dog as well. I was unable to come home very much this semester because of school and football games.  It’s been real!

No comments:

Post a Comment