Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Reading Week 15

My favorite readings were the Brothers Grimm and the nursery rhymes. I enjoyed the stories that were more “original” than others. I also enjoyed the stories that had a moral instead of just for entertainment.

The reading story diary strategy that was the more effective for me was taking notes. I stayed with a format of listing the characters, setting and plot. I think doing this helped me break down the story and see the important elements to retell the story with.

The reading was a little overwhelming for me because I have so much reading with other classes as well. I found myself towards the end of the semester only completing one reading diary per week because it was all I had time for.

My advice would be to do both reading diaries in the same night. Doubling up on assignments would definitely help. I know that might seem like a lot but it keeps you from doing it every day. Time management is key! 

No comments:

Post a Comment