Monday, December 7, 2015

Week 14 Growth Mindset: It works!

I started off my growth mindset challenege with my children at school. I currently run a “homework club” (at an afterschool program) where for 30 minutes they do their homework and then go to an activity. I wanted to see if having a positive attitude from all of the staff and being overly excited would help. I have to say I think it has. We really struggled with the kids not wanting to do worksheets if they did not have homework. There was a level of disrespect I was receiving from them. I feel like I have given them speeches until I am blue in the face. They have finally gotten to a state in which they accept that they have to get their work done. We also established a reward system with prizes and getting to do a different activity earlier for good behavior. I am proud to say that a positive attitude means everything! 

No comments:

Post a Comment