Sunday, August 23, 2015

My Favorite Place

One of my favorite places is somewhere that I get to visit often near Eufaula, Oklahoma. I enjoy spending my free time outdoors on forty acres of land. I have spent many Saturdays and Sunday evenings at this pond. My father and I raised watermelons there while I was in high school in the summers, which I was able to profit from what we were able to harvest. The pond served as a valuable water source when we were experiencing dry weather. The land and the pond have been passed down through three generations and it is something I plan to share with my children. I have caught several fish there as well!


personal photo of a sunset at the pond


personal photo taken from a small boat used on the pond to fish


personal photo of my nephew and a perch out of the pond






1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, what a BEAUTIFUL picture of the pond at sunset, Sara - and such a cute picture of your nephew! We live in a really rural area, and my husband had hoped so much to find a property with a pond on it. Alas, we had to settle for trees (and I love the trees!)... but there sure are some pretty ponds around where we live, and my husband's gone fishing in some of them. But it's not the same as a pond to call your own. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete