Thursday, August 27, 2015

Storybook Favorites

I found all of the stories I read to be very entertaining and they all appealed to a different side of creativity. 

Tragically Ever After was an eye catching title for me. I am drawn to fairy tale stories and wanted to check it out. I thought that the stories were entertaining. I liked how the author used fairy tale illustrations. The first story, “After Sleeping Beauty woke,” surprised me rat first. Even though the title seemed dark I did not expect such a twisted plot in which death was brought to everyone she loved.

 I enjoyed the layout of The heroes diaries. I liked that the introduction put you in the setting for the series of stories. I thought it was very creative of the writing to start off with dialogue instead of explaining a situation or story.  The sword and the stone is a story that several have heard. It was a different approach by the author to have the story being told and then show what the character thought about it. I am not used to using that format for story telling, but I do think it is a unique approach.

source

The title of Tall Tales of Beauty and the Beast automatically struck me because Beauty and the Beast is one of my favorite stories from my childhood. I liked that the story book was narrating the introduction. Since it is a popular story most people know the candle stick, teapot, and clock do most of the narrating for the story line. By having the story book narrate I felt it kept my interest in reading the rest of the stories. I wanted to know what was going to happen. I liked the design of the pages and the images used. especially the one representing the rose that was in the original Beauty in the Beast movie.

source

I found this picture to be symbolic because it is something most people can relate to that know the story of beauty and beast 

No comments:

Post a Comment