Monday, August 31, 2015

Reading Diary A Classical Aesop Fables (winter)

I enjoyed the Aesop Winter Fables. One of the things brought to my attention very quickly is how they all have a meaning and a lesson that can be applied to real life. One of my favorite characters was the kid in The Wolf and the Kid. I also noticed how different the language was in the stories. The plot in The Eagle and the Jackdaw is something I would like to mimic in my own stories. I like the lesson taught by The Monkey and the Cat. While reading it I was thinking about how I felt like the cat in life, always getting burned for the benefit of other people. The Wolf and the Shepherd had a very meaningful plot to me that stood out. I tend to find myself in the shepherd’s position occasionally. I can be too trusting of people and end up suffering a great loss when I turn my back for too long. Another fable that got my attention was The Peacock and the Crane. I know several people that think if they have materialistic things it will make them seem more attractive or better than others. When in reality if you do not know how to work well with what you were given, you will not succeed. The best quote I found was from a villager in The Astrologer, “This may teach you to pay more attention to what is right in front of you, and let the future take care of itself!” I cannot say that I read a fable I did not like in this unit. My favorites were the ones that I could relate back to my own life or reality.

(From The Astrologer)I liked this image because I think it shows how people can be fixed on things they do not know instead of what they actually have.

No comments:

Post a Comment