Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Reading Diary B Aesop Winter Fables

I started my second reading on the Aesop (Winter) Fables because I was very entertained with the first ones I read. The first story that grabbed my attention was Mercury and the Woodman. I found that it even related to biblical stories. My favorite character was the honest woodman because I feel like honesty is something we do not see often.  The next story to gain extra attention was The serpent and the Eagle. I liked that it used a human as the hero that saved the eagle. The short fable The Wolf and the Shepherd had a very significant meaning to me. I think people often condemn others for things that they have done before or they have done worse. I liked the advice given by the Fox in The QuackToad. “If you can cure yourself of that blotchy skin and that rheumatic gait, someone might believe you. Otherwise, I should advise you to try some other profession.” I have found that fables can be easily related to a real life scenario.  I liked the message taught in The Boy and the Nettles. By the mother not feeling sorry for her son, it showed that he was growing up, even though the moral of the story was to do something with all of your potential.  I liked the ant character in The ant and the Dove because something so small was able to make a big difference. I enjoyed the second reading of the Aesop fables just as much as the first.


Source
from The Ant and the Dove 

No comments:

Post a Comment