Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Reading Diary A

One story that stuck out to me was the Monkey and the Crocodile. I found the monkey to be one of my favorite characters. I thought it was unique to the Indian Tales that the crocodile was after the monkey’s heart instead of being after the monkey just for prey. He was also trying to make his mother happy. I enjoyed this story because the monkey always outwitted the crocodile. The next story I read, How the Turtle Saved His Own Life, contained the same moral as the Monkey and the Crocodile. The turtle outsmarted his enemies by telling them how he did not want to be thrown into the river. Compared to the Aesop fables the Indian Tales changed storytellers to animals that were focused on getting out of a bad situation.  The story of the Turtle that talked reminded me of an Aesop Fable that was based along the same lines. I think the storytelling for this unit should mimic an animal storyteller to keep the same Indian Tale tradition. 


No comments:

Post a Comment