Thursday, September 10, 2015

Extra Reading Diary:Ovid's Metamorphoses Books 1-4

I chose the extra reading on the classical unit and the Ovid's Metamorphoses: Deucalion and Pyrrha. The first one I read The Flood reminded me of a mix between classical and biblical. Characters were used to signify Gods and they unleashed their power on the Earth. I thought it was a unique style, using Greek Gods names and referring to events that were like that in the bible, but it was a classical style. I also found it to be very unique that the unit had a story of Jupiter’s rape of lo.Link It was not something I expected to see in a classical fable unit. I was not fond of Jupiter and his games that he played on women. I have read only classical units and I found this one to be very different from the Aesop winter and Jacobs fables I read. They were based more for children and bed time stories that had moral lesson at the end. 



This picture represents the great flood.

No comments:

Post a Comment