Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Reading Diary A: Classical Aesop (Jacobs) Fables

I read the Aesop Fables (Jacobs) reading A. One of my favorite characters was the crane in the story about the Fox and the crane. I liked the plot in how the fox was outsmarted. I liked how the Aesop (Jacobs) Fables used the fox in fox’s part 1 to show many different sides of him. It made me realize I could use a character different in several stories but change from that character being a trickster to being caught. The story The Wolf and the Crane had an interesting plot. The Wolf portrayed his usual character in being greedy and threatening to someone that offered help. One of my favorites was The Dog and the Wolf because the Dog was still loyal to his master. The wolf again showed his true personality by being rebellious. I think the wolf can be relate to people who are always wanting something handed to them. For instance in the Nurse and the Wolf he waited for food to be given to him instead of seeking a meal on his own. In the Aesop fables (Jacobs) the fox is out smarted by a cat. I think the difference between the Jacobs fables and the winter fables is that the fox appears to be a master of trickery in the winter fables and not in the Jacobs. My favorite character throughout these fables was the fox and I plan to use a character like the fox in my own stories. 




Source
I chose this picture because I think it was a good representation of the Aesop (Jacobs) fables.

No comments:

Post a Comment