Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Extra Reading Diary: Celtic Fairy Tales

The Field of Boliauns
Characters:
·         Tom Fitzpatrick
·         Leprechaun

Setting: The hedge

When reading this story I could picture the leprechaun being a tiny guy that was trying to get away from the human. I think the leprechaun was probably scare of that was going to happen to him. That is probably what sparked the lie of telling Tom about the gold. I could picture Tom looking over the hedge to see something so small and how the leprechaun must have felt.

The Horned Women
Characters:
·         The witches
·         The mistress

Setting: The mistress’s house


I thought this story was very peculiar. It was weird to think that every time the woman answered the door there was a witch there. I thought it was fitting that the witches had horns because it reminded me of how witches are usually perceived. Most of the time they have warts or strange skin color when an image is provided. I sympathized with the mistress thinking how scared she must have been. 

wicked-witch-wizard-of-oz
When I think of a witch, the witch from the wizard of Oz comes to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment