Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Reading Diary A: Robin Hood unit

I chose to read about Robin Hood in the British unit. I was interested to read about Robin Hood because I enjoyed the fable as a child.

The first story/ ballad Robin Hood’s Progress to Nottingham was so different from what I was used to. It created a new image of Hood that I had not seen. I understand now why he stayed in the forest after seeing that he slayed many others. The language in this tale was very different from what I was used to reading. Some of the ballads were rhyming and entertaining. 

The other stories I read created several different views of how Robin Hood was perceived. It was always known that he stole from the rich to give to the poor. However, the stories made him seem more of a thug of the forest and that he was not always the giving person he was thought to be. He often wanted to battle others because he was very good at shooting his bow. This is a difference from the Robin Hood I knew because he was thought to be so modest.


I enjoyed this unit because I felt like I learned a lot about the legend of Robin Hood.


flynn-conspiracy

No comments:

Post a Comment