Monday, November 30, 2015

Famous Last Words: Week 13 What I am Thankful for

This week has been busy for most of us I am sure! The holidays always cause havoc on my schedule. I was able to travel home to spend the holidays with my family and for that I am very thankful! I enjoyed my much needed time off. My nephew’s birthday is this week and I was able to stay home to celebrate with him. I am thankful that I have got to watch him grow into a kind hearted little man. Even if he is only six, there is so much to say about the amazing things he has done. I learn from each and every day, nothing like a child’s perspective! He has conquered a diaphragmatic hernia, adhesions from the first surgery, and doctor’s appointments on doctor’s appointments. He was in the hospital for 3 weeks after he was born. His first surgery was at four days old. We were unable to hold him until after he was 17 days old. He fought for life each and every day during those three weeks. That is a big reason of why he is my inspiration for several things. Any time I think going to the doctor doesn’t sound like fun I just think of what all he had to go through and how one doctor’s appointment is meaningless. He was put through another surgery at four years old. The adhesions from the first surgery were wrapped around his bowel and it was 12 hours from bursting when he was transported to his surgeon at OU children’s hospital. Another reason OU holds a place close in my heart. They have taken awesome care of the one that is most important to me in life.

 I was also relieved that we were able to pull another bedlam win this weekend! Boomer Sooner!  


Baker for Heisman! 


No comments:

Post a Comment