Sunday, November 1, 2015

Week 10: Famous Last Words

 This past week has been very stressful for me. I find myself playing catch up on Sunday evening because I chose to slack off. I was really struggling in another class and had to come to terms with it. I was also ill due to stress and allergies. Everything seemed to catch up to me all at once and it was a bit overwhelming.

It was also a busy week at work. Working with children around the time of Halloween requires a higher level of patience. We struggled with behavior issues and children that would not listen at all which makes things difficult.

I think this week will go better. I plan to stay on top of my assignments and not fall that far behind again. Writing in this class is something I enjoy. I struggle with wanting things to be perfect and not realizing they can be revised. I also enjoy the readings because most of them have a moral we can apply to everyday life.

The Native American unit was one of my favorites. I was proud of my story from the previous week, “The Deer Ghost.” I was able to relate to the story since I spend so much time in the woods. I liked being able to feel connected to the story because I hunt myself.

I like when I can make a connection to my storytelling. Rather it be a personal experience and I am creating an example, or if it is just something I am passionate about.


I think doing the Famous Last Words post will help me because I can evaluate how the week went. Hopefully this will encourage me to pick up the pace so I can excel in this course. I also plan to do more exercising and activities to relieve stress. I think time management is the key to success and is something I need to work on.

Dog Meme by asianplatypus6

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Sara!

    Ugh, I understand what it’s like to be falling behind in your courses. This has been one of the worst semesters for me. I’m glad you seem to be finding your footing though! Bless your heart for being able to work with children – my goodness, I couldn’t imagine! I hope you’re feeling better soon and A+ photo usage of that puppy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sara!

    Man I understand the struggle! Its just that time in the semester where everything hits you all at once or your not doing so well in a class and you have to catch up. I also find myself rushing to do everything on Sundays because I choose to slack of on the weekends. I have to say that is it has to stop like now. Anyways good luck on your semester and don’t stress out to much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sara!
    I am in the same exact situation as you! My capstone is kicking my butt and I am slacking off in this course! I have a few more weeks to pull it together! The good news is, its all almost over! We only have like four more weeks of classes this semester! You are almost there! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sara,
    I’m sorry that think were so stressful for you. I’m in the same boat this week as you were. It’s so close to the end that I can’t let myself get behind. I’m really hoping that I’ll be able to get caught up and maybe a little bit ahead over Thanksgiving break. It’s nice to see someone is keeping up with the Famous Last Words post. I think they are really productive.

    ReplyDelete